Monday 30 November 2015

We Talked to An Ethical Hacker, Here’s What We Learned

Believe it or not, not all hackers are malicious. Ethical hackers are experts hired to support organizations and governments and keep their systems secure. These ethical hackers provide expertise to protect citizens and regular people from malicious hackers. We recently sat down with one to learn more about the most effective tactics and strategies you can use to protect yourself from malicious hackers.

What do you think when people call you an ethical hacker?

I don’t know, really. It sounds very badass, but the term also implies that I am above the law and make my own rules. That’s not true. There are clear rules for what I can and cannot do, and it would be very unwise for me to break those rules. I could land in jail, and certainly lose my job.

What kind of hacking do you do? How did you get started with it?

My job is to find security holes in applications and report them to the developers along with suggestions on how to fix them. I got started during my teenage years by learning programming and reading articles on hacking. For the full article click here 



from hacker samurai http://ift.tt/1Q7XWQN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment